Virtual Reality coming to Six Flags’ Raging Bull hyper coaster
GURNEE, Illinois — Six Flags Great America is bringing Virtual Reality to its number one roller coaster, the Raging Bull. This addition makes it the first hyper-twister Virtual Reality ride experience in the world.
Six Flags officials say using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, riders will be transported into a virtual world, seamlessly blending the motion of the ride with intense, immersive visuals.
Riders of the Raging Bull ride will experience:
- A dramatic 202-foot lift hill with a 65-degree first drop;
- Speeds over 70 miles per hour;
- Tight and intense twists and turns;
- Six “inclined loops” – steep, high-speed turns banked as much as 50 degrees (or, loops lying horizontally);
- Towering hills and airtime drops through nearly one mile of track.
The world’s first Virtual Reality hyper-twister roller coaster will debut later this summer.