Hazmat team responds to sulfur dioxide leak at home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MILWAUKEE — The Hazmat team responded to a home near 53rd and Chambers late Sunday night, August 26th for a chemical leak.

Firefighters say sulfur dioxide was leaking from a freezer in the basement of a home.

No one inside the home was hurt.

Crews vented the home to resolve the situation.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.