Jury selection begins for man accused of torturing daughter
MADISON (WITI) — Jury selection begins Monday, February 25th for Chad Chritton, the Madison man accused of torturing his teenage daughter.
Chad Chritton and his wife, Melinda Drabek-Chritton are accused of locking the girl in the basement and denying her food until she wasted away to 68 pounds, the weight of an average 9-year-old.
Prosecutors have also accused her stepbrother, Joshua Drabek, of sexually assaulting her. Prosecutors say the girl’s stepbrother first sexually assaulted her around December 2006, then again from February 2009 to February 2010.
The couple claims the teen suffers from mental illness and threatened to harm members of her family.
The father and stepmother each face six felonies, including child abuse and neglect.
- Couple accused of torture pleads not guilty in Madison court
- Joshua Drabek will stand trial for sexual assault of stepsister
- Testimony of alleged torture victim heard in Madison court
- Judge refuses to reduce bail for couple accused of torture
- Hearings postponed for father, stepmother accused of abuse
- Fund created to help Madison serial torture victim