Monitor closings, cancellations & delays in SE Wisconsin
Winter storm warning for all of SE Wisconsin through noon Wednesday

Death of Jessie Blodgett being investigated as homicide

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WEST BEND (WITI) -- 19-year-old Jessie Blodgett was found dead in her home more than a week ago, and now, her death is being investigated as a homicide.

Court documents show Hartford police are investigating Blodgett's death as a homicide, and it's what friends suspected from the very beginning.

"It's shocking. It's unsettling. It certainly rattles the emotions of everyone who knew her. We just miss her so much, and we're sad to lose her. No one ever expects a 19-year-old just to suddenly be gone," Jerry Becker, Blodgett's theater director said.

Blodgett's body was found in her bedroom on Monday, July 15th.

The young actress had just wrapped up a performance of Fiddler on the Roof.

According to a search warrant, Blodgett had gone to a cast party following a Sunday matinée. Her mother remembers her coming home after 1:00 a.m. Monday.

It's a party Becker attended as well.

"It was a very relaxed, happy, loving group of people, who had a fabulous time," Becker said.

The search warrant says her mother placed clothing in Blodgett's room around 8:00 a.m., and discovered her daughter in bed alone. However, the girl's mother didn't notice whether she was alive.

Blodgett's mother left for work, and returned after noon. That's when she discovered her daughter deceased.

"It's just hard to imagine. It certainly unsettles everyone and makes everyone feel sad," Becker said.

Police found a ligature mark on Blodgett's neck, but nothing in her room or home that would make that mark.

Now, those who knew Blodgett are hopeful the investigation will lead to answers, and closure.

" I certainly hope justice comes to her memory," Becker said.

No official cause of death has been determined. The Medical Examiner says it could take more than a month, pending toxicology tests.

Hartford police say they will not comment on the documents at this time.