Milwaukee police working to solve series of shooting cases
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Milwaukee police are working to solve a series of shooting cases. Since last Friday, August 2nd, by FOX6’s count, there have been over two dozen shootings in the city of Milwaukee — seven of those fatalities. On Saturday, August 9th, MPD provided an update on some of these cases:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 2ND
- 2:40 a.m. 2500 block of N. 27th Street
Man suffers shot to left shoulder, and another man shot in back. Both treated and released. 20-year-old Tyress Singer arrested, charged with first degree reckless endangering safety
- 10:30 p.m. 4100 block of N. 50th Street
(FATAL) 24-year-old man suffers life-threatening injuries. His death was confirmed by Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s Office Wednesday night, August 7th.
41-year-old man suffers non life-threatening injuries.
- 10:35 p.m. 4800 block of N. Hopkins
40-year-old man suffers non life-threatening injuries after he was shot in the forearm. Police say a suspect is in custody and a case is pending with the District Attorney’s Office.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 3RD
- Midnight 2000 block of S. Layton Blvd.
18-year-old man and 16-year-old man suffer non life-threatening injuries.
- 12:30 a.m. 1900 block of S. 5th Place
32-year-old man and 22-year-old man suffer non life-threatening injuries.
- 2:20 a.m. 600 block of W. North Ave.
(FATAL) 27-year-old man shot and killed
- 2:40 a.m. 2500 block of N. 27th Street
TWO 24-year-old men suffer non life-threatening injuries.
- 15th and Clarke
20-year-old man shot in the arm, suffers non life-threatening injuries. He was treated and released. Police took a suspect into custody on August 8th, and charges are being reviewed.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 4TH
- 13th and Cleveland
(FATAL) 23-year-old man shot and killed (identified as Samuel Soto), 20-year-old man suffers non life-threatening injuries. Alexis Chacon has been charged with first degree reckless homicide. Charges on an additional suspect are pending.
- 27th and Locust
Man shot, injured — involved red vehicle that victim was in, minivan suspect was in
MONDAY, AUGUST 5TH
- 7:27 p.m. 25th and Concordia
Man suffered gunshot would to chest (non life-threatening).
- 9:35 p.m. 1500 block of W. Hopkins
Man suffered gunshot wound to elbow (non life-threatening).
- 9:40 p.m. 3200 block of Sherman
17-year-old boy shot, suffers non life-threatening injuries.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 6TH
- 12:05 a.m. 2800 block of N. 53rd Street
37-year-old man shot, suffers non life-threatening injuries.
- 3:15 p.m. 5800 block of W. Villard Ave.
26-year-old man shot in leg, suffers non life-threatening injuries.
- 3:30 p.m. Armed robbery, shooting at Family Dollar (4331 W. Oklahoma)
(FATAL) 44-year-old man has now died.
- 4:40 p.m. 2400 block of S. 9th Street
(FATAL) 18-year-old man shot in head — identified as Xavier Melgoza. Police have two suspects in custody, and are working to capture a named suspect. Charges are pending.
- 4:00 p.m. 3100 block of N. 13th Street
25-year-old male victim shot in the leg while working on his car, suffers non life-threatening injuries.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7TH
- 10:30 a.m. 24th Place and Hadley
Male victim in late teens suffers non life-threatening injuries after he is shot in his left and right foot. He was treated and released from the hospital. Police have two adult men in custody, and charges are pending.
- 103rd Ave. and Jonen St.
Unknown victim was shot, suffers non life-threatening injuries.
- 78th and Calumet
(FATAL) 26-year-old man shot and killed, identified as Charles Atlas. Police say a fight led to the shooting. Police have several suspects in custody, and charges are pending.
- Sherman and Capitol
(FATAL) 26-year-old woman shot and killed at Citgo gas station — identified as Sheresa ‘Shay’ Moore.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 8TH
- An adult man was taken into custody with a semi-automatic handgun discovered by officials during a traffic stop.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 9TH
- 2:25 p.m. 4400 block of N. 26th Street
53-year-old man shot (non life-threatening)
- 5:45 p.m. 26th and Atkinson
Man in his late teens shot in the foot during attempted robbery
SATURDAY, AUGUST 10TH
- 11:00 p.m. 3000 block of N. 55th Street
Victim suffers two gunshot wounds (non life-threatening)
- Just before midnight 2900 block of N. 18th Street
14-year-old boy suffers multiple gunshot wounds, taken to hospital. This was the result of an attempted drug transaction, according to police.