Give your eggs some spice with this omelet recipe.
- 8 oz chicken breast cut in 1/8 inch strips
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup of broccoli florets, blanched and cut in small pieces
- 4 oz of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced and oil reserved
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Fresh Parsley chopped for garnish
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chicken and cook until ingredients are lightly golden.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with salt, pepper and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture in the pan and combine with the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- When the eggs begin to set around the edges, gently push the edges to the center of the pan and allow the uncooked eggs to take the place of the cooked.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the surface of the eggs, fold over, turn heat off, cover and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Serve with some crusty rosemary ciabatta or join me at IL MITO for Sunday Brunch.