MILWAUKEE (WITI) — The Milwaukee Fire Department on Thursday evening, February 20th called in its hazardous materials team to Jackson Park pool’s control building, located near 43rd and Oklahoma for what was reported as a chlorine spill.
A MFD deputy chief says the spill occurred when a worker inside the pool building stepped on a pail of chlorine – causing it to spill.
That worker and another worker left the building, and transported themselves to a hospital for medical treatment.
Fire crews were dispatched just after 4:00 p.m., and were finished cleaning up by 6:15 p.m.
The incident began around 3:30 p.m.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.