OCONOMOWOC -- If you're stop by a farmer's market in your neighborhood, you might wonder what's in season right now. The experts at Nugenesis Farm in Oconomowoc joined the Studio A team with answers.
Beet, Cucumber and Feta Salad with Parsley
For the vegetables:
- olive oil
- 1 lb beets, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 large cucumber, quartered and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place beets on a baking sheet in a single layer. Generously drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes, turning half way, until tender. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together beets, cucumbers, feta, parsley and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar. Pour dressing onto vegetables and toss salad. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.