MILWAUKEE -- Have a fear of baking? If so, no problem! In this week's Dining with Duria, Angelica shares two foolproof dessert recipes that anyone can make.
Slow-Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
Ingredients for cake layer:
- 1 package Devil’s Food cake mix (or your favorite Chocolate cake mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups water (you can also use 1 ¼ cups milk)
- 1/3 cup canola oil (if you use milk for cake, use ½ cup canold/vegetable oil)
Ingredients for topping:
- 1 package (4 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 bag (12 oz) chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water (milk) and canola oil. Beat for a few minutes until well mixed. Transfer to a greased, large oval slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes until soft-set. Spoon over cake batter – DO NOT MIX LAYERS TOGETHER. Then sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 ½- 3 ½ hours or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Best served right away and warm with ice cream.
2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- 1 (20 oz.) can of crushed pineapple
- 1 box of Angel Food Cake mix
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Fresh fruit like strawberries or raspberries (optional)
- Combine crushed pineapple (DO NOT DRAIN) and angel food cake mix in a bowl. Batter will be fluffy. Pour batter in baking pan/baking dish/cupcake tins.
- Bake according to the temperature and time on cake box.
- You can serve it with whipped cream and fresh fruit on top.