MILWAUKEE -- Make sure everyone at your Thanksgiving table is able to enjoy the meal. Tatiana Castellino joins FOX6 WakeUp with a few gluten-free side dish ideas.
Gluten Free Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup Bisquick® Gluten Free mix
- 5 Tbsp. cold butter
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup canned or smoothly mashed cooked pumpkin
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In medium bowl, place Bisquick mix. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in water; shape into ball with hands. Press dough in bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Blake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from oven. Cool.
- Remove oven temperature to 350F.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Add egg yolk; beat well. Spread cream cheese mixture in bottom of pie crust.
- In large bowl, mix ½ cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, pumpkin, evaporated milk, and egg. Carefully pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent burning; bake 30-40 minutes longer or unbtil knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely; about 1 ½ hours. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until serving time. Garnish each serving with dollop of whipped cream.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
Wild Rice & Mushroom Stuffing
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 carrots (2 large stalks, 2 small stalks), diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 16 oz. mushroom blend (cremini, portabello, shitake, oyster, etc.)
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup walnut or pecan pieces, toasted
- 3 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped (or 1 tbsp. dried)
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cups low sodium chicken broth
Optional: 1 pound Italian sausage, cooked without casing
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cook wild rice in broth according to package and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sauté carrots and onion in oil until softened, about 12 minutes – set aside.
- Add celery, mushrooms, and ½ the thyme – cook until mushrooms are browned, about 12 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients and spices together and place into 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Pour chicken broth over ingredients, enough to moisten.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, then remove aluminum and bake for another 10 uncovered.