Father, mother could face charges after three-year-old ingests edible marijuana candies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Sheboygan Police Department

SHEBOYGAN — Sheboygan police say a three-year-old child had to be taken to the emergency room after ingesting edible marijuana candies.

Sheboygan police on Sunday, February 28th responded to the hospital. The three-year-old child was breathing, but “minimally responsive.”

The child’s parents said they didn’t know what was wrong with the child, police say.

Tests revealed the presence of THC in the child’s system.

The child was transferred from a hospital in Sheboygan, to Children’s Hospital in Milwaukee.

An investigation revealed the family had a birthday party on Saturday, February 27th for another child, and during the party, a 28-year-old man (the three-year-old child’s father) and some other guests were using marijuana. The man had obtained edible candies from Colorado that contained THC, and they were left on a table — within reach of the children.

After finding the candies missing, the three-year-old child’s mother and father determined the child had ingested the candies.

The child’s father was arrested for child neglect causing bodily harm and the 25-year-old mother was referred for a charge of obstructing.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.