MILWAUKEE -- Angela Horkan with the Wisconsin Beef Council joins FOX6 WakeUp to share a recipe that will make you think about cheeseburgers in a whole new way.
Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadilla
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 8 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- To make the beef filling, heat a large skillet with the olive oil, then add the ground beef to brown.
- After the beef has been broken up and browned through, add the ketchup, cream cheese, garlic powder and salt and stir to combine.
- Remove the beef filling from the pan and let the skillet cool for a few minutes, then wipe out with a paper towel.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add a tablespoon of butter to start melting.
- Add one flour tortilla to the skillet then lay on a cup of the beef filling followed buy a half cup of cheese and a handful of bacon pieces.
Place another flour tortilla on top and press down with a plate.
- Cook for a minute, then check the bottom of the quesadilla with a spatula for doneness.
- Cook for another minute or two until the bottom is browned, then remove the plate and flip the quesadilla over.
- If needed, add a little more butter to the pan for the other side to brown.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes for the other side to brown then remove from the skillet to a cutting board.
Repeat with the remaining 3 quesadillas.