It’s time! Rescan your digital TV now if you watch FOX6 over-the-air

Man wakes up to smoke detectors after lighting stove to stay warm, falling asleep in Kenosha

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KENOSHA — A man’s attempt to stay warm led to a fire in an apartment complex in Kenosha Wednesday night, March 15th.

It happened near Birch Road and 16th Avenue.

Fire officials said the man who lives in a downstairs unit was cold, so he tried to heat his apartment with the stove.

He then fell asleep, and flames from the stove set the cabinets on fire.

The man woke up to the sound of his smoke detectors, and called 911.

The fire destroyed his kitchen and led to significant damage to the unit above his.

Google Map for coordinates 42.627174 by -87.830774.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.