Flash flood watch for multiple counties Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning

Is yours under recall? Greenfield Fire officials say basement fire likely sparked by dehumidifier

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREENFIELD — Officials with the Greenfield Fire Department are issuing a warning, after a basement fire Monday, April 10th that was likely sparked by a dehumidifier.

The fire broke out at a home on 33rd Street, which suffered considerable smoke damage.

Fire officials said this fire was sparked by a dehumidifier, and they don’t know whether it was a recalled unit.

If you have a dehumidifier, you’re encouraged to check to be sure it’s not impacted by a recall. You can do so by CLICKING HERE.