Lightning strike sparks fire at home in New Berlin; firefighter taken to hospital
NEW BERLIN — Fire officials said a lightning strike is believed to have sparked a fire at a home on Grange Avenue in New Berlin Monday, June 18.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital due to smoke inhalation and heat exhaustion. He was treated and released.
The fire happened shortly before 4 p.m. at the home near Moorland Road.
Police said the fire was contained to the upper portion of the two-story residence. Everyone inside was able to get out safely.
Firefighter extinguished the fire — and the investigation is ongoing.