LIVE: Justice for George Floyd rally begins at Humboldt Park, ends in downtown Milwaukee
Hub for reliable, timely news about COVID-19 pandemic

Careless smoking starts duplex fire in Fond du Lac

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FOND DU LAC — Firefighters quickly tackled a house fire in Fond du Lac Friday night, June 29.

It happened just before 10 p.m. at a duplex on Johnson Street.

According to Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue, smoke and fire was showing form the outside of the house. Fire crews were able to contain it to the entryway before it extended into the house.

Fond du Lac police arrived on scene and helped the occupants of the home to exit without injury. Police also provided traffic control and scene management.

The cause of the fire was classified as careless use of smoking materials. No injuries were reported.

Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue crews will be canvasing the area to educate individuals on the importance of working smoke detectors and fire safety.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.