UWM, Marquette University closed through Thursday at noon ‘due to severe weather’
MILWAUKEE — Officials with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Marquette University announced classes would be canceled and the universities would shut down beginning at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29 through noon Thursday, Jan. 31 “due to severe weather conditions in the Greater Milwaukee area.”
A wind chill warning was set to take effect at 6 p.m. Tuesday, running through noon Thursday. The FOX6 Weather Experts say we could see the coldest air in decades — with wind chills potentially dropping to the -50s at times.
CLICK HERE for the latest FOX6 Forecast.
All classes have been canceled at both universities until noon Thursday.
Marquette officials said limited campus services would remain open with essential personnel, although hours may be reduced, including:
- Alumni Memorial Union
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Information Technology Services
- Marquette University Police Department
- Rec Plex/Rec Center
- University Dining Services
Both universities were otherwise open on Tuesday (before 5 p.m.), but closed on Monday.
Officials at Carroll University also canceled classes beginning Tuesday at 4 p.m., through Friday at 8 a.m.
According to a news release from Carroll University, Public Safety, Physical Plant and Dining Services woulc remain open to ensure the health and safety of students. All other university offices would close starting Tuesday evening, and those employees would not be required to report to work.
Carroll University officials offered a list of campus facilities that would remain open:
- Campus Center: Open until 8 p.m.
- MDR and Gert’s Grab and Go: Open until 7 p.m.
- PIT: Coffee & Bagels: Open until 7 p.m.
- Grill Nation and Red Mango: Open until 7 p.m.
- ABP: Open until 9.p.m.
- Library and Stone Creek Coffee: Open until 5 p.m.
- RecSports Fitness Center: Open until 5 p.m.
- Campus Center: 7 am. – 8 p.m.
- MDR and Gert’s Grab and Go: 7:15 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- PIT: Coffee & Bagels: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Grill Nation and Red Mango: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- ABP: 7 a.m. – 9.p.m.
- Library: Closed
- RecSports Fitness Center: Closed
- Stone Creek Coffee: Closed
- No Mail or Package Delivery
CLICK HERE for a complete, updated Closings list.