WASHINGTON COUNTY — A burglary suspect is now charged in Washington County.
Prosecutors say 27-year-old Leticia Trevino of Milwaukee, went to the victim’s home in the Town of Erin early Wednesday morning, July 17.
According to a criminal complaint, Trevino asked the 65-year-old homeowner for directions. Moments later, the homeowner noticed her credit cards, car keys, and money were missing.
Police say the woman chased after Trevino and eventually there was a struggle that ended with the victim being bit.
Trevino was arrested a short time later. She’s been charged with the following:
- Burglary of a building or dwelling
- Possession of narcotic drugs
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Misdemeanor battery
- Battery to emergency rescue worker
- Throw or discharge bodily fluids at public safety worker
Officials say she had fentanyl in her purse.